Obesity has become one of the major medical problems now days in the whole world. Obesity implies the deposition of too much fat in the body. Obesity results when a person ingests more calories than he or she can burn off. If this process happens regularly over a period of time it results in to extra body fat leads to weight gain. Weight gain is often caused by an unhealthy poor dietary intake and lack of work out or exercise. While gaining weight is relatively easy, losing it is often difficult. Mean and women often look for quick weight loss tips. But it must be understood that tips alone cannot help anyone lose weight. It is a combination of balanced diet, exercise and perseverance that can help you lose weight. That is the best weight loss tip for women and men.
Obesity and Weight loss
Obesity is a complex multifactorial disease chronic disease that develops from an interaction of social, behavioral, cultural, physiological, and genetic factors. The condition of obesity is chronic, relapsing and neurochemical and involves interaction between host and environment. Overweight and obesity increase the risk of chronic diseases, and impaired quality of life. According to the summery of the NHLBI(2005), the to evidence based recommendations suggests that weight loss is recommended (A) to lower elevated blood pressure in overweight and obese persons with height blood pressure: (B) to lower elevated levels of total cholesterol, low density lipoprotein cholesterol, and triglycerides, and raise low levels of high density lipoprotein cholesterol in overweight and obese men and women with dyslipidemia: and (C) to lower elevated blood glucose levels in overweight and obese persons with type 2 diabetes.
Obesity increases the risk of following conditions like:
- Heart diseases and stroke
- Sleep apnea
- Blount’s disease etc
To avoid all such complications and to be healthy a person has to be cautious about his or her unusual weight gain.
Some important weight loss tips for women and men
- Think of food as fuel that is consumed through out the day
- Follow healthful eating from all food groups
- Plan your meals because planning your meals helps you to get a balanced diet
- Have a nutrient-dense snakes readily available, such as chopped vegetables, fresh fruits, reduced fat yogurt or cheese, and whole-grain crackers
- Often bake, boil, and grill lean protein foods, such as chicken, fish, and seafood
- Take more fibre rich diet because fibre keeps the right or appropriate amount of water in your lower gastrointestinal tract which makes your digestive system proper and efficient
- Eat together as a family without the TV
- Prepare one dinner for everyone in the family containing a nonstarchy vegetable, lean protein, and whole grain.
- Require that breakfast be consumed within 1 hour of waking. For nonbreakfast eaters, encourage starting the day with light choices, such as fruit or reduced-fat yogurt
- Consider fast food for special meals only
- Do 30-60 minutes of physical activity most days
- Make physical activity fun by encouraging team sports, active plays, dancing, move your body by doing such activities in order to burn more and more calories.
- Be physically active as a family
- Plan active weekends, such as going in to the park, playing sports, walking, biking, in-line skating, yard work etc.
- Limit TV/video time to two hours per day
- Don’t think of food as “good” or “bad”
- Don’t allow the skipping of meals
- Don’t eliminate any one food group
- Don’t stock the refrigerator with caloric beverages, including soda, punch, or juice drinks. In addition, don’t allow excessive 100% juice consumption.
- Don’t give only one snack food choice
- Don’t fill cabinets with height fat foods (for example, sugar crackers, cookies, candy, cakes, muffins, cereals, etc.
- Don’t take individual food orders from the family members
- Don’t eat in front of TV
- Take proper breakfast
- Don’t follow sedentary life or activity, such as television viewing or video game use
- Don’t make physical activity about winning, exercise, or redundant activities.
- Don’t plan weekend activities that involve food and/or inactivity, such as movies, video games, watching television sporting events, etc.
- Don’t allow yourself with TV use. Don’t keep the T.V in the bedroom.
- Don’t take much stress about routine affairs
- Drink plenty of water because adequate water intake is very essential for the maintenance of the health. One should take one glass of water before meal; it will help digestion and also give you the feeling of fullness which prevents you from overeating.
- Drink low fat milk
- Do not follow deprivation diet because it cause your metabolic rate slow and being on deprivation diet for a long time period once you stop diet, your body burns calories more slowly and you will gain wait faster than ever before.
- Drink green tea because green tea polyphenols and katechines play a very important role to increase the BMR and as a result helps to reduce your weight
- Avoid drinks containing sugar and alcohol, because they contain high calories and increase your weight.
- Citrus fruits are quite helpful to reduce to reduce your weight fast, drinking a small glass of orange or grapefruit before each meal is a great way to loose weight fast.
- Keep a food dairy and record all food intake
- Keep a weekly graph of weight change
- Keep an exercise diary
Some other general weight loss tips for mean and women
- At home, limit all food intake in one specific place
- Plan food intake for each day
- Rearrange your schedule to avoid inappropriate eating
- Sit down at a table while eating
- At a party, sit a distance from snake foods, eat before you go, and substitute lower kilocalorie drinks for alcohol.
- Decide beforehand what you will order at a restaurant
- Save or reschedule everyday activities for times when you are hungry
- Avoid boredom; keep a list of activities on the refrigerator
- Drink a glass of water before each meal. Drink sips of water between bites of food.
- Swallow food before putting more food on the utensil
- Try to be the last one to finish eating
- Pause for a minute during your meal and attempt to increase the number of pause.
- View exercise as a means of controlling hunger
- Practice relaxation techniques
- Imagine yourself ordering a side salad, diet dressing, low fat milk, and a small hamburger at a fast food restaurant.
Once again, it needs to be remembered that any weight loss tips in isolation cannot help anyone lose weight. The best weight loss tip is Persist and Persevere. Most people fail to lose weight because they want quick results. Quick weight loss has many side effects and is not good for health. Systematic and gradual weight loss through the combination is balanced diet and exercise is the best weight loss tip you will ever receive!