Natural weight loss refers to a condition when a person loses weight while following his/her routine life-style, without going on a special diet or vigorous exercise routine.
Requirement of natural weight loss
Obesity is a complex multifactorial disease chronic disease that develops from an interaction of social, behavioral, cultural, physiological, and genetic factors. The condition of obesity is chronic, relapsing and neurochemical and involves interaction between host and environment. Overweight and obesity increase the risk of chronic diseases, and impaired quality of life. According to the summery of the NHLBI(2005), the to evidence based recommendations suggests that weight loss is recommended (A) to lower elevated blood pressure in overweight and obese persons with height blood pressure: (B) to lower elevated levels of total cholesterol, low density lipoprotein cholesterol, and triglycerides, and raise low levels of high density lipoprotein cholesterol in overweight and obese persons with dyslipidemia: and (C) to lower elevated blood glucose levels in overweight and obese persons with type 2 diabetes.
How to loose weight naturally
Diet therapy for natural weight loss
A diet for weight loss would be reduced in total kilocalories but adequate in all nutrients. The diet should contain adequate protein, all essential vitamins and minerals, a small amount of fat, dietary fiber, and enough carbohydrate to prevent ketosis.
More specifically, the diet should provide at least 130 grams of carbohydrate, 25 to 35 grams of fiber, and contain all the essential nutrients. The meal plan should be one the person can follow. When behavior modification, nutritional counseling, and exercise recommendations support the meal plan, weight loss can be more successful. Sometimes people are unable to change their food intake so drastically. In this situation, people should make major behavioral changes in their eating habits slowly. Person should be encouraged to change to change to change only one or two negative food behaviors at a time. For a example if the nutritional counselor recommends that the person substitute skim milk for whole milk, it is not wise simultaneously discourage the use of sweets. The goal is to encourage permanent changes in eating behavior, so the person needs time to make the necessary adjustments. After the person has change negative behaviors associated with one food item or group, recommendations can be suggested to change negative behaviors associated with another food item or group. Changing a negative behavior usually take several weeks. Priority should be given to eliminating foods in the fat, milk, and meat lists that are high in fat and in which the person overindulges. An average woman will lose weight on a 1200-kilocalorie diet. Larger women and most men will lose weight on a 1500-kilocalorie diet
Physical activity for natural weight loss
Previous studies have suggested that rapidly increasing prevalence of obesity in recent decades may be largely due to increasing sedentary behaviors, perhaps to a greater extent than dietary excess. Physical activity should be part of a comprehensive weight lose therapy and weight maintenance program because it (1) modesty contributes to weight loss in overweight and obese adults, (2) may decrease abdominal fat, (3) increases cardiopulmonary fitness, and (4) may help with weight loss. The combination of reduced –kilocalorie diet and increased physical activity is recommended because it provides weight loss, decreased abdominal fat, and increases cardiopulmonary fitness. Initially, moderate levels of exercise for 30 to 45 minutes 3 to 5 days per week should be done. All adults should set a long term goal to accumulate at least 30 minutes or more of moderate-intensity physical activity on most, and preferably all, days of the week.
To identify those individuals at a major heart disease risk, a physician should screen all clients before exercise recommendations are made. People with known heart disease should have a physician-supervised stress test before beginning an exercise program.
When following an exercise program, fluid intake should be adequate. Individuals should drink water before, during and after exercise. Close attention should be paid to thirst to prevent dehydration. Four ounces of water every 15 minutes is usually sufficient. The thirst mechanism may not be adequate to prevent dehydration in many elderly persons and in individuals involved in heavy exercise during hot weather. Such persons need to drink water even if they are not thirsty.
Behavior modification techniques
Behavior modification is a useful adjunct when incorporated in to treatment for weight and weight maintenance. Behavior modification techniques mainly involve
- Keep a food dairy and record all food intake
- Keep a weekly graph of weight change
- Keep an exercise diary
- At home, limit all food intake in one specific place
- Plan food intake for each day
- Rearrange your schedule to avoid inappropriate eating
- Sit down at a table while eating
- At a party, sit a distance from snake foods, eat before you go, and substitute lower kilocalorie drinks for alcohol.
- Decide beforehand what you will order at a restaurant
- Save or reschedule everyday activities for times when you are hungry
- Avoid boredom; keep a list of activities on the refrigerator
- Drink a glass of water before each meal. Drink sips of water between bites of food.
- Swallow food before putting more food on the utensil
- Try to be the last one to finish eating
- Pause for a minute during your meal and attempt to increase the number of pause.
- View exercise as a means of controlling hunger
- Practice relaxation techniques
- Imagine yourself ordering a side salad, diet dressing, low fat milk, and a small hamburger at a fast food restaurant.
- Visualize yourself enjoying a fresh apple in preference to apple pie.
Natural weight loss with homeopathy
Homeopathy is one of the most popular holistic systems of medicine. The selection of remedy is based upon the theory of individualization and symptoms similarity by using holistic approach. This is the only way through which a state of complete health can be regained by removing all the sign and symptoms from which the patient is suffering. The aim of homeopathy is not only to achieve weight loss but to address its underlying cause and individual susceptibility. As far as therapeutic medication is concerned, several well-proved medicines are available which are helpful in weight loss. For individualized remedy selection and treatment, the patient should consult a qualified homeopathic doctor in person. Some important remedies are given below to loose weight:
- Calcaria Carb – fat, flabby and chilly patients. Profuse sweat on head; worse at night, by exertion; easily fatigued; feet are cold and damp; craving for eggs; sensitive to cold and damp climate.
- Calcaria Ars – especially for fatty women approaching menopause; sensitive to cold weather; liver and spleen enlarged
- Focus Ves – obese patients who suffers from constipation; flatulence; goiter or thyroid enlargements
- Thyrodinum – intercurrent remedy for weight loss when weight gain is due to thyroid disturbances
- Graphites – obese, chilly, constipated patients, especially in women when there is history of delayed menstruation; prone to skin ailments; feels cold; easily chilled and easily over heated.
- Lac def – for fatty women; feels completely exhausted, ( whether they do anything or not)
- Calotropis – excellent remedy for weight loss; to make the muscles hard and firm
- Phytolacca – remarkable medicine for weight loss, helpful ton absorb abnormal tissues new growths and fat
- Ammon Carb – obese patients with weak heart; sensitive to cold; aversion to water; habits of uncleanliness; prone to colds
- Antim Crud – excellent remedy for weight loss whether there is obesity in young people; patient with thick white tongue; patient feels exhausted in warm weather.
- Kali Mur – very well marked medicine for weight loss where complaints are associated with liver disturbances
- Ferrum Met – obesity with anemia, face puffy with pitting of flesh
- Aurum met – with fatty degeneration of heart
Other important medicines for weight loss are:
Ammon brom, capsicum, kali Brom, kali Carb and medorrhinum
Homeopathic medicines only correct the underlying health and metabolic problems, if any. For natural weight loss a healthy balanced diet and regular exercise is still required.